Open-Source Subsea Vehicle Control
What is ArduSub?
The ArduSub project is a fully-featured, open-source controller for remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROVs) and autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). Based on the popular ArduCopter code, the ArduSub code has extensive capabilities out of the box including feedback stability control, depth and heading hold, and autonomous position control if provided with position feedback.
ArduSub is designed to be safe, feature-rich, open-ended, and easy to use even for novice users.
ArduSub in Use
These videos show ArduSub in use on the Blue Robotics BlueROV1 and BlueROV2. Keep in mind that ArduSub can be used on many different ROV designs from unique DIY configurations to professional vehicles.
- A PixHawk or other DroneCode-compatible autopilot loaded with the latest version of the ArduSub firmware.
- QGroundControl software for setup, configuration, and operation of the vehicle.
- A suitable ROV or AUV for use with the software
- Many other useful additions: depth sensors, tether communications, cameras, and other sensors and actuators
- Continue to the Introduction section of this page.
- Visit DIYDrones.com, a large community of enthusiasts largely clustered around the ArduPilot family of autopilots.
- Use the BlueRobotics Forums to ask support questions and advice.
- Join the Gitter developer chat room to get quick support and contribute to development.